Texas teen found near church 8 years after vanishing, unresponsive with bloodied head: Update

Texas teen, Rudy Farias, found alive eight years after he disappeared was reportedly discovered bloodied and unresponsive outside of a church.

As Inspired Stories previously reported, Rudy Farias, 17 at the time, set out on March 6, 2015, to walk his two dogs in north Houston and never returned home, although the dogs were later found.

On Thursday, June 29, a person was found sleeping at the intersection of 76th and Avenue K in southeast Houston. A welfare check led to Rudy’s discovery.

He had cuts, bruising, and a bloody head. Houston police identified his family through something he had on him, although it’s unclear at this time what police found.

Faria, now 25 years old, is currently in a hospital in northwest Houston. Speaking with ABC13 on Sunday night, Farias’ mom shared some photos of him lying in a hospital bed. She said that they’ve been trying to talk to him, but he mostly says just a few words and curls up in a fetal position.

Rudy Farias is now recovering in the hospital after being found with cuts and bruises, and blood in his hair. Facebook
Rudy Farias is now recovering in the hospital after being found with cuts and bruises, and blood in his hair. Facebook

At the time of his disappearance, Farias had been dealing with depression and post-traumatic stress disorder, and there were concerns that he may have become disoriented due to not taking his medication.

NBC News reports that Farias lost his older brother to a motorcycle accident several years before he vanished.

Although it’s unclear how and why Farias vanished, the family was concerned he may have been forced into human trafficking.

The family said in a statement that they plan to share “more details as Rudy continues to heal.”

Rudy’s family released the following statement on Monday:

We want to thank the media and public for all their support. My son Rudy Farias IV was found on Thursday, June 29th, after being missing for 8 years. Currently, we do not have any additional information on Rudy’s case. What we do know is at the time of his recovery, a good Samaritan located him unresponsive and immediately called police and 911. My son Rudy is receiving the care he needs to overcome his trauma, but at this time, he is nonverbal and not able to communicate with us. We are asking for privacy during this difficult time but will share more details as Rudy continues to heal.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *