Mom thought her kid got stung by a wasp, but his body turned blue

Most of us think that it is a great idea to spend a lot of time outdoors with nature in a warm summer.
This invariably puts us in contact with the creatures and insects that also inhabit his world, and that relationship isn’t always advantageous.

Ask Elisabeth Nordgarden; she is the mom of a small kid whose trauma on a summer night might serve as a clear lesson for us all to remain on guard.

Elisabeth Nordgarden / Facebook

Kristoffer, Elisabeth’s kid who was three years old at the time, approached his mom in tears as he was playing in the garden of his grandparents. Given his young age, she didn’t give it much thought because she knew how emotional kids can be.

Elisabeth was unaware that a severe incident had occurred.

The Norwegian mother, who spoke to NRK, stated that: “Me and the boys were visiting my grandparents.”

“Then Kristoffer began to cry a little and climbed onto my lap. We thought he had been stung by a wasp or scratched himself on a branch.”

Kristoffer’s foot only started to swell and become blue after 15 minutes. He had in fact come across something, but it wasn’t a wasp.

Elisabeth recalled: “The ambulance and helicopter arrived quickly. They kept saying it was a viper snake bite and we were transported to a hospital.”

When Kristoffer arrived at the hospital, he was administered anti-venom and started to initially show indications of recovery, but then his health abruptly and swiftly worsened.

A bite to the little boy’s bowels caused an internal hemorrhage. Kristoffer responded poorly indeed after being bitten by a viper snake, which can be more dangerous for children.

Elisabeth Nordgarden / Facebook

By this time, Elisabeth, who had realized the worrying seriousness of the situation, was left to pray as medical personnel tried their best to stabilize Kristoffer and ensure his survival.

Thank goodness, he did. The 3-year-old was released from the hospital after one and a half weeks post-sufficient recovery.

Elisabeth Nordgarden / Facebook

Elisabeth shared: “I have much more respect for vipers now and I will ensure that my kids are wear boots when they go out in areas with high grass in the future.”

Indeed, I believe Kristoffer’s close encounter with the natural world may teach us all a vital lesson: always exercise extreme caution while in and around regions where noxious animals are known to dwell.