Former Navy doctor reveals tragic final moment of Titanic Five: ‘They would’ve been crushed instantly’

Dr. Dale Molé, a highly respected former Navy doctor, has shared insights into the tragic final moments of the Titanic Five before their vessel experienced a devastating implosion.

As the former director of undersea medicine and radiation health for the US Navy, Dr. Molé explained to that the victims would have met their fate swiftly and without suffering, succumbing instantly to the immense forces exerted by the deep ocean depths.

Molé said: ‘It would have been so sudden, that they wouldn’t even have known that there was a problem, or what happened to them.

‘It’s like being here one minute, and then the switch is turned off. You’re alive one millisecond, and the next millisecond you’re dead.’

The crew’s tiny vessel was equipped with several protective measures, including a pressure chamber, a sealed pod with higher internal pressure, a pressurized gas system for control, and a breathing gas supply for the occupants.

According to Dr. Molé, it appears that the implosion occurred once the vessel reached the ocean floor, typically happening suddenly and completely. He suggests that the carbon fiber cylinder may have been the source of the implosion.

The exact cause of the breach in the pressure chamber remains unclear, but potential factors could include a leak, power failure, or a small fire caused by an electrical short circuit.

The outcome would have been a violent and immediate implosion, as the high-pressure water from outside flooded in, tearing away the rear cover, landing frame, and hull of the submersible, ultimately crushing those inside.

Molé said: ‘They would have been ripped to shreds. 

The Titanic submersible, which went missing during an exploration of the Titanic wreck, experienced a devastating implosion, leading OceanGate to confirm the deaths of the five passengers on board.

The submarine had lost contact with its mothership on June 18. According to the US Coast Guard, there was an estimated 96 hours of oxygen remaining when the vessel went missing.

OceanGate issued a statement confirming the unfortunate event, “We now believe that our CEO Stockton Rush, Shahzada Dawood and his son Suleman Dawood, Hamish Harding, and Paul-Henri Nargeolet, have sadly been lost.”

“These men were true explorers who shared a distinct spirit of adventure, and a deep passion for exploring and protecting the world’s oceans.”

The discovery of the missing Titan submersible’s tail cone in close proximity to the wreckage of the Titanic has been confirmed by Rear Admiral John Mauger.

In a press conference held in Boston on Thursday (22 June), he announced,

“This morning, an ROV, or remote operated vehicle from the vessel Horizon Arctic discovered the tail cone of the Titan submersible approximately 1,600ft from the bow of the Titanic on the sea floor.”

“The ROV subsequently found additional debris.”

The harrowing quest to locate the individuals on the 21ft Titan submersible, operated by OceanGate Expeditions, came to a devastating conclusion as a remotely operated submarine from a Canadian vessel discovered wreckage on the ocean floor.

According to search and rescue officials, it is believed that the men perished on Sunday, prior to the detection of potential SOS signals resembling “banging” sounds by military planes employing sonar buoys.

Among the victims are Stockton Rush, the CEO of OceanGate, Paul-Henri (PH) Nargeolet, a veteran of the French Navy, Hamish Harding, a British billionaire, and Shahzada Dawood, a Pakistani businessman, along with his 19-year-old son Suleman.

During a press conference held today, Rear Admiral John Mauger of the US Coast Guard explained that the implosion would have generated a significant and wide-ranging sound, detectable by the sonar buoys.

Sadly, the men, some of whom had paid $250,000 each for the opportunity to witness the renowned shipwreck, would have perished instantly. In a heartbreaking blow for their families, experts believe that there is little chance of recovering any of their remains.

“This is an incredibly unforgiving environment down there. The debris is consistent of a catastrophic implosion of the vessel.. we’ll continue to work and search the area down there – but I don’t have an answer for prospects at this time,” stated Paul Hankin, a deep-sea expert involved in the search, expressing the challenges of the situation.

Second-ever pig heart transplant offers hope to dying man: ‘Now I have hope’

Richard Garriott, the president of the Explorers Club, paid a poignant tribute to Hamish Harding and Paul-Henri Nargeolet, both esteemed members of the club, acknowledging their shared dedication to exploration in the pursuit of meaningful scientific advancements for the betterment of humanity.

‘Our hearts are broken. I am so sorry to have to share this tragic news,’ Garriott announced. 

‘We’re heartbroken for the families, friends and colleagues of those who were lost. Their memories will be a blessing and will continue to inspire us in the name of science and exploration.’

David Mearns, a friend of two of the men aboard the submersible, expressed that the only solace in this tragedy was the swift nature of their passing.

The world had held onto hope for a miraculous outcome as rescuers projected that the crucial oxygen supply would deplete around 7:08 am EST (12:08 pm UK time, 9:09 pm Sydney) on Thursday.

Search operations employed the Odysseus 6k, a remote operated vehicle (ROV) from the Canadian vessel Horizon Arctic, capable of diving to depths of 20,000ft underwater, and it successfully located the field.

There was a glimmer of optimism when the Coast Guard confirmed the consistent presence of “banging” sounds detected by P-3 aircraft. However, despite extensive efforts, the search teams were unable to ascertain the origin of the sounds or confirm if they corresponded to the anticipated SOS signals that had captured the world’s hopes.

As of now, the families of the five men on board the submersible have yet to publicly respond to the news of the debris discovery.

For several days, experts have been issuing warnings about the potential occurrence of a leak and subsequent implosion of the Titan submersible due to the immense pressure it faced, reaching 400 times the normal sea level pressure.

Earlier this week, L. David Marquet, a retired Navy nuclear submarine commander, emphasized that ‘They would be dead before they knew anything had even happened.’

Another story you need to know:

One thought on “Second-ever pig heart transplant offers hope to dying man: ‘Now I have hope’

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *